What did I need to do as a first year candidate prior the start of classes on June 19?
Here is a listing of things you need to do. You will find extensive details in the 3-Year CHECKLIST with links to everything required over the 3 years in the ABC-SHSU program.
- REGISTER with ABC at www.bandworld.org/abc (by March recommended).
- APPLY for admission to the SHSU Graduate School (starting now).
- SEND three (3) letters of recommendation to SHSU during admission process.
- GET all of your undergrad and any graduate course transcripts sent to SHSU.
- READ the FAQs and the ABC Catalog-Handbook for answers on everything (starting now).
- GET STARTED on the required MUS 6181 RECITAL project (Absolute due date is June 10.)
- Project must arrive in Ashland, Oregon by midnight that day.
- See page 11 in the ABC Catalog-Handbook.
- Project requires a video of your band's performance plus an mp3 audio and photos
- Project must include demonstration of proper English writing skills on self-evaluation of the MUSI 6181 video project. Include the professionally formatted PDF/document (500-750 words) on the flash drive.
- PLAN to be in Ashland on June 18 (included in your motel cost).
- USE Ultimate Pursuit to prepare for the two entrance exams on June 19.
- 1st year ABC Check-in starts at 8:00 a.m. at Ashland H.S. Commons Building.
- Band-related entrance exam from 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the AHS Theater in Ashland.
- Music Theory entrance exam from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in the AHS Theater in Ashland.
- ATTEND the first year candidate meeting in the AHS Theater at 7 p.m. on June 19.
- JOIN us for the start of clinics and rehearsals at 8:00 a.m. in the AHS Theater on June 20.
Admission Questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Studies at (936) 294-1971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.