American Band College

Where can I get more info about Loan Exit Counseling and how can I defer my financial aid loan payments?

Info from The Financial Aid Office:
Exit Loan Counseling is required every time a student either falls below 6 credit hours and/or applies for graduation. All ABC students are required to complete this each year, as they do not typically attend at least 6 credit hours during the Fall or Spring semesters. Their loans do go into repayment after 6 months of not being enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, once your summer program has ended in August.

They may contact their lender to request information on the different repayment options until they are once again enrolled in at least 6 credit hours. Once they are registered in 6 credit hours, they can request an in-school deferment online through the Registrar’s Office.